Photo by: Ken Presnilla
Like many designers of my era, my love for design sparked when I found a “free” version of Photoshop to download; and I’ve been hooked ever since.
Through the years I’ve had the pleasure of learning from various companies I’ve worked with:
- Starting off as a freelancer I worked with different brands and individuals that helped me gain the always-be-learning and hustle mentality.
- An in-house designer of a fitness company where I learned everything about paper, ink, print-media, and finding new ways to come up with concepts for the same promo every month.
- In my current role, I’m a creative and design strategist for an online advertising agency; where I get to work with brands from various industries across North America. (You may even have thumb-stopped on a couple of ads I had the pleasure of creating). I work closely with online ad specialists to effectively connect brands with their customers through data-informed creative concepts. I get excited by the idea of connecting the dots from strategy to concepting to execution.
When I’m not designing, I spend much of my free time a) catching up on the latest Netflix show/movie b) eating carbs or c) exercising to offset a and b. If you want to give me something else to do, feel free to get in touch. I’d love to be a part of your next project.
knowledge and skills
Creative & Design
- Visual Communication
- Conceptual Design
- Design Research
- Branding & Identity
- Website Design
- Colour Theory
- Art Direction
- User Experience Design
- Mobile Design and Optimization
- Landing Page Creation
- Print Advertising
- Digital Advertising
- Email Marketing Design
- Motion Graphics
Technical & Software
- Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Ai, Id, Xd, Ae)
- Sketch, Figma, Google Web Designer
- Prepress Print Production
- Microsoft Office
- A/B Testing
- SEO Audits
- Google Analytics Certified
- Website and Content Management (WordPress, Squarespace)
- Landing Page Platforms (Wishpond, Unbounce)
- Email Marketing Platforms (Wishpond, Mailchimp)
- Paid Media Creative (Facebook, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat)
awards & recognition
True 2 Form Award—Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club, February 2015
Presented to an individual who embodies and translates the True 2 Form slogan in the work that they do within the organization.
Work Published—Page Online Magazine, July 2013
Final school personal branding project featured on an online German design magazine.